Free to play, (also known as F2P) is the free version of the game, which doesn't require a subscription, whereas the Members' version (P2P) does.
- When players start up an account they can try it out for free be for paying for something they may not like
- It is much easier to decide what to do as there are fewer items and activities available to do
- The gameplay is generally safer
- Some players consider the game more of a challenge because of slower training
- In RuneScape, minigames and player vs player is much easier as strong items are cheap so almost every one can afford the best weapon
- There are fewer in-game resources
- There is less freedom as there is less gameplay and activities to do
- There are fewer worlds to choose from
- Due to the limitation of activities it is generally harder to make money
- There are fewer skills available to use and train
- There is less space on the Friends and Ignore lists
- Certain requirements must be met to post on the Forums
- In RuneScape, there is 5x less bank space so players can have only a few items
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.